Monday, March 12, 2007

Ric Gives Confidence Boost


Ric continues to be a influence in the New York music scene. He recently got together with Strokes guitarist Albert Hammond Jr. who gave Ric an exclusive listen to some of his solo work away from his typical gig from being the guitarist for the New York City based band The Strokes. Hammond's confidence in his solo work waned a bit over the years so he turned to Ric for some encouragement. "I had things around me and people around me I admire that helped me get through it," he explained. One of those people, he said, was Ric Ocasek."

"I played him some songs, and he said, 'I never knew you were such a great songwriter.' He also said that I'd be doing this forever, and I was like, 'I love you,' " Hammond added. "He's one of my biggest idols, and it was nice to hear it from someone who had nothing to gain, telling me he liked my songs."

I will bet my bottom dollar that this conversation and one on one listening party took place at Electric Ladyland studios where Hammond record the album. Ric can be found there always tinkering about mixing and producing. Ric however does not appear on Hammond's solo project entitled "Yours To Keep" which hit stores March 6th.

Troub

No comments: